2016 Highlights

2016 just like any other year had it's ups and downs. I had an opportunity to be involved with some fantastic projects and, a few that weren't so fantastic. But, even those not so fantastic projects where I failed to rise to the occasion mainly due impart to some unforeseen health issues. There was definitely a lesson learned. One being never take on more than you can handle. Two, once you begin a project and you have done your part in securing the first stages of the work for the client communicate before moving forward with additional work toward the brief make sure it's understood in writing or print that additional funds will be added to the cost of the brief before progressing forward. I made this mistake by agreeing to changes verbally on a brief and not following up with proper invoice statement that reflected the needed changes as posed by the client. I never had this happen to me before until now. I guess it was a needed wake up call and, from here on out, I will have to bridge the gap of being business mindful and being a progressive artist. After freelancing for so many years there has never been a time that I am not learning; either about myself or the people that I'm doing work for. I think that it makes me a better artist and person. Yes, 2016 was definitely one those years to learn from and I'm better for it.
Below is logo design I did.






Comments

Popular Posts